Believe it or not there are a stack of reasons why to have a Winter wedding. Sure, if you manage to snag that perfect Summer’s day and balmy evening here in Victoria well it’s hard to top! But geez they are few and far between.
So here’s a bunch of reasons to consider having a Winter wedding-
You are more likely to book all those vendors you’ve had your heart set on. Photographers, caterers and celebrants can only be in one place at once and although they might still be flat out chances are you’ll beat the hoards.
You’re guests will love having their social calendar spread out over more than the October-March months. No more trying to fit in Christmas, holidays, races, other friends weddings…. the list goes on and on.
3. The weather is actually more stable. Averages are between 4 and 20 over the Winter months not anything from 6-45! With weddings from October through to April you really need to cater for a hot (and sometimes windy) day followed by a chilly night when temperatures drop. We’ve all been out on a hot uncomfortable day and then come nightfall you are so cold all you want to do is go home.. Ah, the joys of Victorian weather.
4. Your guests will (or at least should) come dressed appropriately.
5. A hearty Winter feast means no Macca’s run on the way home! Instead of cheeses that have gone a bit manky sitting in the sun think thick soups, roast vegetables and slow cooked meats and sipping on delicious mulled wine- oh so good!
6. No flies or mozzies! Enough said.
7. No tan lines to worry about for the girls and no sweaty armpits for the boys. Tick and tick! Instead of melting under your wedding dress layer up and stay cosy. Think a beautiful fur coat, knitted scarf or a cape. So magical!
8. AMAZING photos! Winter really does lend itself to beautiful images with the softer light and green grass.
9. There is less chance of bushfires, torrential rain and floods (this usually happens with Summer storms), heatwaves and dust storms- we’ve had them all and they aren’t fun!
10. Your flowers wont be wilting before your very eyes and not only that winter flowers are stunning. Early and mid winter think tulips, hellebores, poppies then come August through to early September all the ranunculus, blushing bride, magnolia buds and blossoms are out. Then have luxurious velvet ribbon draping from your bouquet.
Honestly there is a stack more reasons to have a Winter wedding so I hope you seriously consider it!